(770) 503-1369

History

In 1992, the Good News Clinics (GNC) opened as a non-profit Christian health center with the charge of nurturing broken bodies and broken souls, and the goal of healing both. Due to an overwhelming demand for dental health and the generous support of The Medical Center Foundation's Medical Center Open, the Green Warren Dental Clinic was added in 1997.

In June 2005, GNC moved into a much larger facility, enabling the clinics to serve a greater number of patients and providing dedicated space for the medical clinic, the dental clinic and the prescription medication dispensary.  

While the Good News Clinics and the Good News at Noon food and shelter ministry have similar names, the organizations are separate and have separate facilities, boards of directors and separate operating budgets. 

The late Dr. Sam Poole, shown with a patient, served as Good News Clinics’ (GNC) first medical director.  Dr. Poole began working with GNC in the early 1990s after his retirement.    He led the effort to expand GNC to the Pine Street location and worked tirelessly to help generate donor support and recruit physician volunteers so that some of the most vulnerable neighbors among us could have access to high quality healthcare services.  In 2006 the medical clinic was named in Dr. Poole’s honor through a generous gift from a donor who wishes to remain anonymous.  
Copyright © 2011 Health Access Initiative. Internet Marketing Company: Full Media